Dog Registration Guide
To register a breeding dog you need to create a genealogy (family) tree. Prepare your dog’s pedigree.
1. First, check if all breeders who own the dogs on the pedigree genealogy tree are in the Alfa-Europe database. You can do it in the External Kennel Registration tab, if any of the breeders are not in the database, you must add them.
2. Then check the dogs that are in the genealogy tree of the dog you want to register. You can do this in the Step 0 – Genealogy Dog Registration Form tab. If any of the dogs are not in the database, you must add them.
When checking dogs, pay attention to the correctness of the data, including the name of the kennel, the name of the dog, and sex.
After adding the external kennels, you can now proceed to add the dogs that are listed in the pedigree. These will be your genealogy tree dogs that you will use when adding a breeding dog.
Start adding all dog details and build a genealogy tree. You will use the previously entered data to construct the tree.
After building the genealogy tree, you can check the correctness of the data by clicking the link – Breeding dog genealogy tree generator.
It`s time to finalize your breeding dog registration process. To do that properly prepare a scan (pdf) of the documents mentioned below.
- A true copy of a signed pedigree
- A true copy of the signed General Health Certificate Form (not older than 18 months)
- A true copy of the signed Hips and Elbows Certificate Form
- Two pictures of the dog, one in a side position and one of the front (in the sitting position)
- A true copy of the prcd-PRA certificate in case this document is not already in our database
Remember! Your breeding dog’s general health certificate is valid for 18 months. After this period, you need to do another test, generate a general health certificate form (Step 2), and send it to us using the form.